Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tell Me About Your Shrubs

In my yard, the native Elderberry – Sambucus has a wonderful white flower on it as does my Regent Serviceberry – Amelanchier. I love this small hedging serviceberry as it next develops purple berries then has red foliage in the fall. Three bangs for your buck! I sure hope my dogs don’t eat the berries of the serviceberry this year! J My forsythia is just starting to fade but the lilacs are beginning to swell! My friend Douglas described it as all “this abundance as the earth wakes up and so much life comes spilling out, so much like an explosion, yet so artfully orchestrated”. I do not have the correct site for rhododendron, so I am not even going to try anymore. They really want to be.

What shrubs do you have in your yard/garden? What do you like about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment